Namsangol Hanok Village has five restored traditional Korean houses, a pavilion, traditional garden, performance arts stage and a time capsule plaza.
This village has five restored traditional Korean houses, a pavilion, traditional garden, performance arts stage and a time capsule plaza, making it a perfect spot for both locals and tourists to take a leisure walk. It is a hanok village that was restored after moving five traditional houses scattered around Seoul.
As well as hanbok experience, Hangul experience, dakjongei(paper) experience and various folk game programs such as running a wide range of jumps and kite flying, and traditional wedding ceremonies are also available to applicants only.
In particular, there is a time capsule plaza, which has been selected 600 items getting a glimpse of the lifestyle of Seoulites and buried 15 meters underground, which will open 400 years later in 2394.
– Namsangol Night Market
– 1890 Namsangol Drama
– 1890 Namsangol Filming Site
– Hands-on activities: Wearing hanbok, traditional tea ceremony, etc.
– Traditional wedding ceremony
Refer to the website for details (www.hanokmaeul.or.kr)
– Traditional garden open 24 hours
Seoul city public parking lot, Daehan Theater parking lot, Dongguk University Yeongsang Center parking lot
– Parking space is limited so traveling via public transit is recommended.
Facilities for the Handicapped
Free wheelchair rental services, wheelchair accessible ramp (Time Capsule Square), designated restrooms
[Seoul City Parking Lot] 3,000 won for 1 hour (13 spaces)
[Dongguk University Yeongsang Center Parking Lot] 6,000 won for 1 hour
[Daehan Theater Parking Lot] 3,000 won for 1 hour (120 spaces)
Interpretation Services Offered
[Traditional Cultural Asset Explanation]
– Language: English, Japanese, Chinese (Advanced inquiry required)
– Inquiry: +82-2-2264-4412
[Schedule of days and explation time]
– Tuesday/Wednesday: 1st-Korean, 2nd-Japanese, 3rd-Korean, 4th English
– Thurs./ Fri. / Sat.: 1st-English, 2nd-Japanese, 3rd-English, 4th-Japanese
– Sunday: 1st-Korean, 2nd- English, 3rd-Korean, 4th-English
※ Closed every Mondays
Baby Stroller Rentals
Available (3 baby strollers at information center)